Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Tomorrow is deadline for December Carnival!

Update
The fearless Wahrheit has volunteered to continue on with the Chess Improvement Carnival next year! If you have suggestions for how we could improve it, please write it in the comments here, or let him know.

One thing on my wish list is better carnival software. The site we use is awful, but the only thing I found. If anyone knows of any alternates, please tell.

Last chance! See previous post for details on how to submit.

It will be the last carnival in my rotation. If someone else wants to pick up the gauntlet, let me know in the comments. I'd recommend doing it every other month.

4 Comments:

Blogger Robert Pearson said...

I wanna do it! I wanna do it! Hopefully, I beat the crowd... :)

Seriously, after much thought I would be honored to be the next Carnie. My email is in the submissions I sent in, I believe.

12/01/2011 05:54:00 PM  
Blogger Blue Devil Knight said...

Great to hear!

We should talk on email I have some ideas about how I could have done it better (I'm sure you do to), and I will also solicit advice from the peanut gallery. :)

12/02/2011 09:46:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats to Wahrheit on getting the gig, good choice.

A software upgrade/change might be good from the perspective of the submitters, too. For example, I didn't get a receipt for submissions this time (unlike has occurred previously). Other than that, it's been pretty easy on the submission end, thanks for all your work on this.

12/02/2011 03:20:00 PM  
Blogger Intermezzo said...

Thanks BDK for setting this up and running it for the first 12 months. It feels like we have a good thing going now and a nice little community.

Congrats to Wahrheit for picking up the baton. I look forward to many more months of Carnival fun and games.

My experience of the software was ok on both occasions I hosted but I also noticed I got no email receipt for my submissions this month so maybe something is amiss. I'm afraid I'm not aware of any alternatives either though.

Cheers,

'mezzo

12/03/2011 08:47:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home